Are You Kidding Me?!

Are You Kidding Me?!

Pages

Monday, December 9, 2013

Potty Humor and the Peloponnesian war

 Conversations with my 7-year-old.



“Can I read Big Nate?”

“No,” my husband responds. 

“Why? Because it’s inappropriate?”

“Yes, because it’s inappropriate. And I’ve told you this before.”

“I know but I thought you might have changed your mind since then,” he says.

“Changed my mind since last week?” My husband smirks. “No, I haven’t changed my mind. Just because you're able to read a book for older kids doesn't mean the content is something we want you reading."

My little one sighs and looks at my husband. “It’s not like I’m reading about the Peloponnesian War.”

No. It's definitely not like that. 


Just for the record, I did NOT teach my 7-year-old anything about the Peloponnesian War.